How to measure yourself?
- Make sure to wear well-fitted clothing while taking the measurements.
- Instead of taking the measurements yourself, use the help of another person for accuracy.
- Stand straight while taking the measurements.
- Note down the measurements in inches.
Find Your Size
- SHOULDERS: Start the end of the tape on the outside edge of the shoulder where you want the yoke of the garment to start. This is where the horizontal part of the shoulder meets the vertical part of the arm. Measure up over the curve of the shoulders and to the outside edge of the other shoulder.
- BUST: Measure around the back, under the arms and across the fullest part of the bust. The tape measure should be flat against the figure, straight across the back and not too tight.
- WAIST: Measure around the waist, with the tape flat against the figure. Snug but not too tight.
- HIPS: Measure over the fullest part of the hips.
- SKIRT LENGTH: Start the beginning of the tape at the waist where you would like your skirt to be worn. Measure the length of the floor wearing the heels or shoes you plan to wear with the outfit.